One of my favourite places to go and photograph birds in the Vancouver area is the Reifel bird sanctuary in Richmond, where you can find amazing birds year around and I usually spend 4-5 hours there twice a week.
That day I was hoping to get some sandhill cranes and also to see the Horned owl, but when walking along the path I noticed the wood duck and the weather was perfect, it was sunny and very little wind and the wood duck was in amazing setting for a photo, so I took the photo and the colours came out amazing. Good photography is all about lighting and composition, you can have the best subject but if you have no good back drop or composition, the picture will not come out as good. Wood ducks have amazing colours and if you happen to have a sunny day it will for sure bring out the colours .
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor