The yellow-fronted tinkerbird has a beautiful and distinctive call. I used to hear it all the time while in my tent in Pendjari National Park, but with the trees full of leaves I always failed to see it. Once the dry season moved forward and the leaves started, slowly slowly, to fell I started my quest of finding this beautiful bird… It was a new bird for me, so I was very excited. One early morning I set up my gear close to a tree full of berries and waited, until finally I was rewarded with its presence. Light conditions were good and the bird stayed a good amount of time eating the fresh berries.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor