My family and I were driving on this jungle track in Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve when we spotted the tigress, T39 (named Noor by the guides and drivers) and two of her three female cubs. The cubs were just over two years old, and it was time for Noor to force them out of her territory and to find their own territory somewhere else. The tension between mother and cubs had been brewing for some weeks, but on this day, it was all out war. She charged at one of her cubs with roars and claws unsheathed. It lasted only a few seconds, but it was frightening to watch as it occurred only a few feet away from us! You can see that Noor has lost her left lower canine. She is getting on in years, and her reign may not last very long.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor