I was always far too afraid to take a photo of a wasp.....then, I took this photo of The Great Black Wasp shown here, and never knew it was considered a pollinator until I looked it up.
Thus, I see they are considered beneficial to the environment. They can also help control the population of grasshoppers (which eat plants and crops) and katydids. There are even some plant species which seem to be particularly helped by pollination from the great black wasp. I read their sting is painful, yet not dangerous.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor