When I was 22 years old, I went to the Brazilian Pantanal for the first time. The year was 2018, and I was feeling like a kid in Disneyland. I took a van to go to a farm in the heart of the Pantanal, and when I was close to arriving, I saw her - the first tapir of my life. She was in a big muddy puddle, not moving too much, just enjoying the water. The light was not the best at the time, it was the end of the afternoon, but I knew my camera and lens well, so i enjoyed the moment and I took my best tapir photo on this day. Still today, I think a lot about this tapir, the moment was perfect and magical, like the things that happen in the Pantanal.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor