The Sri Lanka hanging parrot is a small, mainly green hanging parrot, only 13cm long with a short tail. The adult has a red crown and rump. The nape and back have on orange tint. The chin and throat are pale blue. The beak is red and the irises are white - Wiki
This was taken in my home garden, as I was seated in front. I heard the noise of these birds moving from top to bottom in our guava tree. I suddenly took my camera and went quietly to the location. It noticed me coming closer, so I stayed in that exact position for about 10 minutes. This beautiful bird came closer and then perched on the branch and gave this cute pose. I was lucky to have captured this bird so close.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor