They prefer dense deciduous forests, semi-evergreen forests, and open grasslands. They also prefer heavy forest cover for shade. The highest numbers of spotted deers are found in the forests of India.
The spotted deer is a social animal. They commonly occur in herds of 6 to 30, which may contain 2 or 3 stags. Herds are common and composed of adult females and their young from the present and previous year. Large dominant stags without velvet stay in the centre of the herd and are surrounded by the females and their young.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor