The day before I took this photo I had seen what I thought at quick glance was a pigeon in the nearby allotment gardens and so dismissed it. The following morning I was sat working with my laptop in the dining room when I glanced up and saw this beautiful sparrowhawk perched on the bottom fence. I quickly grabbed my camera (didn't even really check the settings as I knew I had little time) and knew that there was no chance I could open the back door as it would startle her and had to result in taking the photo through the glass. Luckily she stayed only for a few minutes before flying off.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor