In spring, a local rookery is abuzz with egrets and herons. The trees are overcrowded and the displays to impress makes for very interesting behavior to be viewed and documented. Here a Snowy Egret male tries to impress a potential mate. The birds were in a shade but the white color of the birds and the dark shadow prompted me to use the contrast in camera to make this low-key image of a rather impressive courtship display in Spring for the offspring.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor