It was a very warm day when I spotted this male sub-adult cub walking across the bund beside the water-hole. With a severe heat-wave hitting, he desperately wanted to get into the water, but his food was lying a few yards away. He couldn't decide whether to leave it or guard it. Just when he took a decision to take a dip, his brother walked over from the other side, towards the kill. That was the moment he growled and snarled. He was giving a sound warning to his brother to stay away! The growl literally echoed and, for a moment, my heart skipped a beat. This male being the elder one, showed who's the boss, while the timid brother slid into the bushes without any fuss. Well, with no one to snatch his kill, he relaxed in the water - his own private pool. I was quite content with the frame I got while he gave that deadly growl. After sometime, I moved on, letting him do what he loves - cooling himself! A full frame capture.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor