While exploring the Faroe Islands on a photography trip, I visited an island called Mykines - a very small island home to just 12 people and thousands of puffins during the summer months. While hiking along the coast, I spotted a small burrow and knew that male puffins dig these burrows to nest in. I set up my camera and laid down at a safe distance and waited patiently. After a little while, a puffin briefly popped out of the burrow, took a quick look around and flew out to sea. I managed to capture this image of the puffin in that short moment that he took a look at me before flying away.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor