One of my friends has set up a bird hide adjoining some rice fields. Many birds come to drink the nectar in the flowers that bloom at this time of year, and for the rice from the bunches of the harvest that are tied to the perches. The Malabar parakeet is the larger one, but the more colourful Plum headed parakeet would not be cowed down by mere size, and put up a strong defence of his right to the perch.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor