I was walking around the lake in Warsaw on this cold winter day and noticed a bunch on Mandarin ducks, both male and females, hanging out. They are both beautiful, but males sure have more amazing beautiful colours than females and when captured on a snowing day you really make the colours pup out. It was an amazing day to be able to capture those amazing ducks, since it was my first time seeing them in the wild, since you don't see them everywhere. I spent around 2 hours with them on a cold minus 9 day and it was an amazing day. Hope you can see the beauty of this duck in this photo. That day there was snowing a lot, you can even see in this photo a little snow around the Mandarin duck. The Mandarin ducks are very endangered and hope we will do everything we can to make sure they are protected.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor