In March 2021, I visited the salt desert, Little Rann of Kutch for sighting Raptors and Lesser Flamingos. The Rann is located in western part of India. A 50 Sq. KM area of desert mainly for salt making. This lands hols some of the natures beauty - birds. During winter and late winter, the raptors are very active in the desert. There is a small water body that attracts lots of migratory birds including the Lesser Flamingos. It was morning time. I went to the Rann with my guide. The guide knows the area very well. We reached the one side of the lake. The water was very less in the lake. A colony of Lesser Flamingos were foraging in the wetland. A slowly crawl towards them with my camera. There is no way I can hide myself, so crawling was the best chance. I took the image while the leading lesser flamingos were busy in feeding as they lead the folks.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor