I was actively looking for insects to photograph in my garden with my camera prepared with a external flash connected with a cable. I found the spider in an area with soil and little vegetation relatively early in the morning. The spider was quite static and I could take a couple of photographs handholding the camera. The picture was taken with the flash in manual and a low power, taking several pictures to stack them in Helicon Focus, trying to leave in focus only the front part of the spider.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor