The green bee-eater is one of the most vibrant birds that we can spot around our neighbourhoods. This photo is from an evening in spring when this bird was flying around in search of insects. It is during this time of the year that the number of insects increase drastically and these prolific hunters make easy work of these insects. The green bee eater chose this branch amidst a shrub to scan the area around, poised to swoop down and catch it's prey.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor