This picture was taken at the rocky area of Rongtong, at Darjeeling. On that beautiful sunny morning I saw a group of 10-12 Great Hornbill who were relishing their breakfast on a tree. Suddenly, A male great hornbill started flying towards me which was beyond my expectation. I used that golden opportunity to take this brilliant shot. Really, it was a great shot.
The great hornbill also known as the concave-casqued hornbill, great Indian hornbill, or great pied hornbill, is one of the larger members of the hornbill family. It is found in the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia.
Although I had to wait a long time, the day gifted me a few excellent snapshots.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor