The lagoon of Gialova (Divari) is one of the most important wetlands in Europe.
There, I choose to spend my free time photographing the various migratory birds.
On that day, I was there from the early morning hours. The difference in temperature, combined with the prevailing apnea, created a light fog in the landscape.
The scene in my imagination was ready. I just waited patiently for them to appear.
As time went on, the colours and conditions changed, until the right time when the first sunbeams began to appear and the great blue heron eventually appeared into my scene.
He sat proudly to warm himself and it was as if he was gazing at the incredible beauty around him.
I managed to get the shot I wanted, although time was limited.
I am quite satisfied and happy that, at the end of the day, I managed to get such a photo for my portfolio!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor