This photograph is a presentation of small Galaxy in macro world. This is a long jawed orb weaver spider resting at the centre of its web. In this shot my intention was to show stars in the dark sky. I have taken this shot after dark in cold weather. Dew droplets stuck on the spider’s web. I have used a torch light to focus and illuminate the water drops. I have seen many times how spiders make their web. Spiders make their web to catch its prey just before the dark. I have witnessed the whole activity of this spider. You can see green leaves in the background. I used torch light and LED light after dark to find my macro subjects. Day time and at dark the activity and findings are totally different. I wish to show you Night sky through my macro shot.
Shot taken at my home backyard during lockdown period
I have used Nikon D500 with Tamron 90 mm VC USD with External flash and the said torch light.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor