After the long, cold and dark season of winter, summer in Maine is a welcome sight. It's our season to enjoy green grass, warm sun, colorful flower gardens and the glorious voices of our visiting songbirds. We also welcome the little creatures and the beautiful chirping sounds of our crickets. A cricket's chirp is a mating call. They use sound to navigate the dating scene. And when they're chirping, it's a male, calling for a female cricket by rubbing his wings together briskly. This delicate beauty was enjoying a long respite on my Rudbeckia flower petal during a late afternoon summer sunset. Did you know the cricket is a symbolism of good luck, wealth and prosperity? They are also a bearer of happiness and love in your life. I welcome the sight of crickets in my garden and greatly enjoy their high pitched serenade and am greatly looking forward to another warm summer and fall season in Maine.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor