I spent the better part of a long weekend attempting to nail a shot of a bull elk crossing the river. Usually when you think they’re going to the river to cross, there’s some meandering, second thoughts, and tons of waiting. Often they just drink and go back. When they do cross, it’s frequently not in the most ideal spot or the best light.
Well, on this occasion, two of my friends accompanied me out to scope the elk action. Within five minutes of arriving, this big guy headed toward the river. I was slightly astounded, but I scurried off to the riverbank. Sure enough, he came straight down; he drank, posed, and bugled loudly in his crossing - a perfect moment! Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good, and my friends brought the luck here! October 2020.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor