Spring flowers attract bees, My backyard becomes live with small wilderness. Th blue-banded bee is the most difficult bee to capture in flight, especially with their zig-zag movements and activeness. To freeze the wings you need a high shutter speed and pure focus to concentrate on their movement. It took me more than an hour in my backyard to follow them, getting just a couple of frames that I was satisfied with.
This was taken handheld with a macro lens, with a little cropping necessary for some detailing.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor