This mother bear poses for me as her breath mists in the chilly dawn air. Fall foliage isn’t quite there yet, but the first golden light of the morning lit up the trees behind her with a bright tangerine iridescence. I was lucky to photograph this mother bear and her two cubs on an early morning behind the rural school where I teach. Bear encounters in the foothills below the mountains are common, but it's unusual I have a camera with me and such a perfect backdrop to document the moment. October 2019.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor