The male Baya Weaver is master in making nest. During the monsoon season, they built nest in the trees to attract female Baya Weaver for mating. In a season a male can make up to 3 to 4 nests one after another. They built the nests with green leaves. He has to go many rounds of collection of suitable leaves for making the nest and it took a week to complete the nest. During one morning while I was doing bird photography in a nearby field next to my home, I saw this male Baya carrying some nesting materials. I took this shot while the bird perched on a tree.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor