The Amur falcon is the world's longest travelling raptor. They start travelling with the onset of winter. They are passage migrants to India and take a brief stop here before starting their non-stop journey towards Africa.
We got an opportunity this year to photograph at least three females and two male Amur Falcons which were sighted at Lonavala lake.
The shot was made of one such Amur falcon (a female) as she gracefully posed for us amidst wild flowers creating a blanket of purple.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor