I was out taking photos of the American Bald Eagle with her eaglet in Will County, Illinois, and noticed she had 2 eaglets. Unfortunately, there were tree branches blocking the view to the 2nd eaglet. Actually there are 2 trees blocking the view to the nest. Miraculously, I was out on a very windy day with 26 mph wind gusts, that moved the tree branches to the side enough to give me this shot of the eagle and one of the eaglets. It was so amazing to see the eaglet make eye contact to me from around 100 feet away. I recently learned that birds have two foveas in each eye, one helps them see forward and the other helps them see to the side. Their vision is excellent.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor