It was a beautiful serene morning at Amboseli National Park. Many herds of elephants were seen crossing the road and lazing around nearby whilst the majestic Mount Kilimanjaro stood in all its glory behind them, its snow capped peak dazzling brightly in the early morning sun. We were busy revelling in the beauty of the scene when this beautiful tusker caught my attention. It had broken away from the herd and seemed to be enjoying the quiet morning on its own basking in the sun and munching lazily on the freshly grown grass. It was a joy to see this gentle giant roaming in the beautiful lush colourful fields without a care in the world. Suddenly it raised its trunk to scratch its ears and created the perfect photographic opportunity. The scene and the moment looked like a paradise on Earth. It made me realise why Amboseli was referred to as the land of the Jumbos.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? You can even select the currency you wish to pay with and even get priority on the images you send us. Take a look below to see what you can enjoy.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly Photo Challenge
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
Clare Disano • Editor