Nikon today (April 2, 2015) adds the Nikon 1 J5 to its range of Nikon 1 compact interchangeable lens cameras. The retro-design J5 features a 20.8 megapixel image sensor, 20fps continuous autofocus and a tilting touch screen within a compact body providing the perfect balance of speed, portability and image quality.
A new back-illuminated CX-format sensor is four times larger than the sensor found in most compact cameras, and records video footage in ultra-sharp 4K and stunning 20.8-megapixel stills. The wide ISO range of 160-12,800 and advanced noise reduction capabilities deliver consistently smooth image quality at higher settings. Nikon’s new EXPEED 5A processor is at the heart of the camera’s improved autofocus speed, noise reduction and imaging quality. The accelerated processing speeds comfortably transform the huge amount of data from the 20.8-megapixel sensor into exquisite photos and 4K movies.
The Nikon 1 J5 is also the first camera in the Nikon 1 range to feature time-lapse movie shooting. Set the camera to take shots every five, 10 or 30 seconds and you can showcase the passage of time with Full HD time-lapse clips composed of up to 300 photos. The camera’s autofocus system can freeze action at 20fps when using Continuous AF in the camera’s new Sports mode. For image sharing, the J5 is Wi-Fi and NFC enabled for speedy uploading of images via a smart device.
It is available in three colour combinations: black body and black lens; silver/white body and silver lens; silver/black body and silver lens.
Summary of key features
• Large and fast back-illuminated, 20.8-megapixel CMOS sensor.
• ISO 160–12800 with manual and Auto ISO control.
• EXPEED 5A: Nikon’s next-generation image processor.
• Shoot at 20 fps with continuous AF, or up to 60 fps with focus fixed at the first frame.
• Sports mode: offers instant access to the camera’s burst modes and lets you view fast-action sequences as one group of shots.
• Advanced hybrid AF: 171-point AF system. Includes 105 phase action points that lock onto action with speed and precision.
• 4K movies: record in ultra-sharp 4K/15p, or film Full HD movies at 1080/60p. Capture high-resolution stills while filming.
• Time-lapse: create Full HD time-lapse clips composed of up to 300 photos.
• Manual controls: easily accessible PSAM controls, command dial and Fn button.
• Tiltable touch screen monitor: responsive 3.0in, 1037k-dot LCD monitor.
• Wi-Fi and NFC enabled: share every shot via a smart device. A dedicated button offers on-touch access to the camera’s Wi-Fi functions.
Nikon 1 J5 body only: £349.99/ €439.00
Nikon 1 J5 body and 10-30mm PD Zoom lens: £429.99/ €539.00
Nikon 1 J5 body and 10-30mm PD Zoom lens and 30-110mm lens: £559.99/ €709.00
Sales Start Date: April 30, 2015
Click here for more details.